Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Blogging...blogging...blogging....uhm I don't know how I feel about this. I guess I am a bit of a techno phobe. (For those who are on the other end of the spectrum and are techno embracing...here's a general idea of where I am coming from) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technophobia This was definetely fun to read, I guess I am not that bad. But I am old fashioned in my ways and have been writing a research journal à la pen and paper instead of just blogging as many of my classmates have been doing. I guess it is about time I try and get with the times.It just makes me so uncomfortable...I mean anyone and everyone can see what I have been up to and doing....ugh....Imean my intellectual property can be violated...I don't know but I guess since my journal will not be graded and my blog will be I guess as reluctant as I feel I must get to blogging. But I will make it clear I have my reservations about this. We will see how it goes. I make no promises. Do not expect Academy Award worthy blogs here. If you came looking for that you might want to click elsewhere. So here goes....until next time....

1 comment:

  1. lol loved this post. Sorry I missed it until now!

    I also have reservations about blogging, especially when people question the "quality" of the material I post! I've been asked "Don't you care about the quality???" to which I reply, "HELL NO.".

    I've taken a hard line against editing, quality control, and any effort to make my blog "a good academic blog". It's the only way I can blog, since if I worry about quality I just don't bother writing...

    I always thought that was the best part about blogging, but more refined academic blogs are creeping in with high quality material... Next thing you know universities will demand blog posts be peer reviewed!

    ReplyDelete